- We prepare for Ramadan by cleaning up the house.
- We make sure we have the resources we need for fasting like dates and other types of food.
- We make sure that our prayer mats and prayer clothes and washed and clean.
- We start talking to children about the good deeds we are going to perform.
- We put aside 2.5% of our savings for Zakat - compulsory charity
- We list out charity organizations and needy families that we are going to help.
- We plan any iftars that we are organizing. It is a blessing to feed a fasting person when he or she breaks fast so we try to invite friends and relatives over.
- We buy our eid gifts and plan the Eid day out
- We make lots of dua and ask for forgiveness
Here is a quick video guide. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Se0-Fz2LGk&feature=youtu.be hope it helps insha Allah