Friday, February 26, 2010

You and I

You are miserable when you think of the meaning of life
I am crystal clear as to why I'm here

To conceal your sorrow, you dance the night away in clubs
I sleep in comfort with serene dreams in the warmth of my bed

You smoke to hide away your misery
I pray to get things straight

You in the name of fun do as you wish
In the hope to heal the world I do what's right

You drink crushing your soul and killing your friends
I touch not anything with alcohol because God say's don't and He knows best

You think you are smart enough to write your own fate
I don't let my instincts decide what's right for me because I'm not stupid

You use drugs as an escape from reality
I live in belief that brings peace to the mind

You are nothing but a lost dark soul that needs some light
I am just a friend trying to reach out to help

2 comments:

A.D.K. said...

nice words and so true :)

Tasha said...

Thank you!